The Organization is a loose term to describe the worldwide conglomerate that runs The Ancient Ones Rituals and controls some government aspects.
Throughout the movie they are shown to be extremly adept to the level of military grade weaponry and technology, even within some cases surpassing today's known technological ability (such as the invisible hexagonal wall that contains the sacrifices into the ritual area.)
Despite its professional office-like atmosphere, the Organization still has some artifacts from its origins as a cult, devoting prayers for their sacrifices following the rituals.
The Organization has various annual operations that are performed at once all over the world in order to better their chances of successfully pleasing the Ancient Ones. Some of the locations at which they perform sections of the ritual are:
- The Facility in the United States (where the movie takes place)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Madrid, Spain
- Kyoto, Japan
- Rangoon, Burma
- Berlin, Germany
- The Organization must have some government ties due to the fact that Daniel Truman is a government recruit and has been briefed by and transferred from an unnamed U.S. government agency.
- The Organization bears strong resemblance to the SCP foundation.
- The Organization may be loosely based on The Illuminati.
- The clip of the Stockholm branch is in fact the ending clip from the 1997 movie, Dante's Peak.
- The clip of the Rangoon branch is footage from Roland Emmerich's Godzilla.
- The different Organizations have different modus operandi. While the American Organization requires a virgin, athlete, whore, fool and scholar for their sacrifice; their Japanese equivalent is able to use kids (Which, presumably, cannot contain a 'whore' or 'athlete').