The cabin along with The Facility is destroyed by The Ancient Ones once The Ritual fails.
According to it's backstory, the Cabin was once a home to the Buckner Family, a family of evil, murderous rednecks who tortured and/or killed anyone who came by the house in the early 1900s.
In theory the backstory varies depending on the Monsters summoned by the Monster Items in the cellar.
The Cabin is a single floor building not counting the cellar. It has a few rooms in it, including several bed rooms, a main living room with a fireplace, and a cellar.
In a separate part of the cellar is a hidden room, called "The Black Room", furnished for the Buckner family's pain rituals. It includes a bloody table, chains, and instruments of mutilation.
The Cabin and everything in it is controlled by The Facility, which is located directly underneath.
The cabin is modestly furnished. It has electrical power but its main source of heat seems to be from the stone fireplace in the living room.
It has several rooms furnished with beds, chairs and electric lights.
In at least one room -the one originally taken by Holden McCrea- is a one-way mirror hidden behind an elaborate (and gory) painting which looks directly into the adjacent room, which was taken by Dana Polk.
The most notable furnishings of the cabin are in the cellar. This is where the Monster Items are kept until the sacrifices discover them.
The Facility has several methods of controlling the cabin remotely. These include wire-taps, hidden cameras, and vents which allow the technicians to vent mind-altering chemicals into the building to direct the actions of the sacrifices. They can also control the doors, causing the cellar door to open or lock the bedroom doors.
- The Cabin bears a resemblance to the cabin from Evil Dead.
- Both are isolated log cabins.
- Both have cellars accessed by trap doors which hide mysterious objects which summon the deadly antagonist(s) of the movie.
- Both have stone fireplaces and taxidermied animal heads displayed prominently.
- The disturbing portrait in Holden's room was created especially for the movie and has no real-world duplicate.
- Theoretically the hidden Buckner room could apply to several monsters, specifically the more humanoid ones.