It is depicted as a leafless, moving tree. By its name, it could be inferred that it sexually assaults its victims as well.
It is possible that a jar of tree sap summons it.
It is released during the Purge and can be seen grabbing a guard and dragging him into the elevator. The elevator then spews out blood from the entrance, showing that the Tree aggressively killed the guard in an unseen manner. It is then seen later on a monitor using its roots to drag an unconscious worker offscreen.
This monster is likely a reference to The Evil Dead, where a woman is attacked and raped by possessed trees.
Other films with notably aggressive trees include:
- Poltergeist , in which a tree drags the boy from his bedroom window
- the Harry Potter series, which features the Whomping Willow.
- The Wizard of Oz, which features the Angry Apple Throwing Trees.
- Sleepy Hollow , where a person is shown dissappearing in the roots.
- Ents of Middle-Earth of fantasy genre, especially the "twisted ents" that are more prominent in RPGs.
-  where a nurse, in reality a witch, tried to sacrified baby children to a malefic tree.